The York College 土木工程 program is structured to give students the knowledge, 技能 and experience needed to be successful as an entry level engineer upon graduation. 要做到这一点, students will have achieved the following key student outcomes by the time they graduate:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- 设计系统的能力, 组件, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as 经济, 环境, social, 政治, 道德, 健康与安全, 可制造性, 和可持续性
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and 道德 responsibility
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, 经济, 环境, 以及social背景
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- 运用技巧的能力, 技能, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
土木工程 Program Educational Objectives
The civil engineering program at York College is designed to prepare its graduates for productive careers and/or graduate study. Within a few years following graduation, our alumni will have:
- Made significant contributions to their employer and/or graduate program through (for example) successful completion of engineering assignments, 高级学位, 出版物和/或专业执照.
- Consistently demonstrated 道德 and professional behavior in the workplace.
- 通过获取新的知识来继续他们的教育, specialized 技能 through life-long learning opportunities, 研究生学习, 和/或自学.
- Displayed effective communication and teamwork 技能 while executing their assigned responsibilities.